- The VBS curriculum teaches kids about Christians in China, Egypt, Nigeria, North Korea, and India.
- Kids learn that Kids of Courage trust God, get prepared, remember the persecuted, forgive others, and witness boldly.
- The complete $30 curriculum kit includes nine books, about 400 pages of materials, a photo CD, and a music CD. VBS directors may choose to supplement the curriculum with Torchlighters DVDs or other additional VOM resources if desired, but extra materials are optional.
- The lesson plans are adaptable for small and large churches.
- The materials target children ages 5 through 13, but some churches have used them with older youth, too. The curriculum presents Christian persecution in a sensitive, age-appropriate manner without talking down to kids or overwhelming them. The emphasis is on persecuted Christians’ courage, obedience, joy, and perseverance in following Christ.
- The format allows each teacher to present the same country at all sessions, reducing preparation time.
- Students discover that persecuted Christians may experience joy and victory in times of struggle.
- VBS directors have reported positive feedback from teachers, parents, and students. (See “Feedback” at kidsofcouragevbs.com.)
- Children and youth workers have also used the curriculum in Sunday school classes, homeschool co-ops, missions conferences, and other settings.
- The curriculum includes opportunities to share and explain the gospel to children who have not yet trusted Christ as their Savior.
For more information and to preview samples, visit www.kidsofcouragevbs.com.
VOM’s Kids of Courage resources help parents and educators teach children ages 5 to 13 about persecuted Christians around the world, while providing opportunities for the children to serve and pray for them. Find more information at www.kidsofcourage.com.