If I could hug the three Indonesian women who were recently imprisoned for teaching children the Bible during Happy Week I would. Today Christian Today has some of their responses before they were sentenced to three years in prison. This will encourage and inspire your faith.
Zakaria said with absolute conviction that “Whatever the verdict, I will accept with gladness. God had personally told me and I believe that it is a very small thing for God to set me free. Either now or later, it does not matter. His timing is always the best timing.”
Pangesti said, “I hope that the verdict will give back our freedom. But if not, then praise the Lord. He is the One who directs the course of events in life.”
When the verdict was announced the ladies said the following:
“Praise the Lord! He is good!”, according to Open Doors.
And I agree, the Lord is good and His love endures forever. Please remember these ladies in your prayers that the Lord would continue to bless them and encourage their hearts.
You can also write them encouraging notes. Open Doors has provided the following information.
- Do NOT mention Open Doors
- Greeting cards, artwork by children and postcards are best
- Print clearly (you can write in English)
- Be encouraging, keep your message brief, include one or two Bible verses
- Don’t say anything negative about the government or Muslims
- Provide your name & country, but not your full address
- Don’t send money directly to the women
Dr. Rebekka Zakaria, Eti Pangesti and Ratna Bangun
c/o Open Doors USA
PO Box 27001
Santa Ana, CA 92799